Welcome to the 2016 - 2017 Southern Middle School PTSA.
The SMS PTSA is in need of new parents to help fill our committee chair positions to ensure we can benefit our students and staff who work so hard to achieve so much learning! Please let the school office know if you are interested in helping our SMS PTSA!
Are you looking for a way to stay involved in your childs education during the middle school years?
PTSA Membership Form
Provided below is a list of volunteer opportunities along with contact information. If you would like to help with any of these opportunities, please contact the PTSA.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact the PTSA
We are in need of baked goods for the faculty /staff meetings and various other events. If you are able to make or purchase items for any of these events please contact the PTSA.
The school store is in need of a volunteer three days a week from 8:00 am to 8:20 am.
The PTSA is in need of a volunteer one day per month to work in the soar store from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm.
Why should you join the PTSA?
The PTSA provides the opportunity to serve, to volunteer, and to invest in the future of all children.
The PTSA works together with principals, superintendents, school boards and other community leaders to make sure your concerns are heard, needs are met, and to ensure good decisions are being made that affect our children.
Together we are a powerful voice and with your help we can continue to work toward our goal of ensuring quality education and a nurturing environment for all children. That is why the PTSA encourages all parents, teachers, students and those who care about children to become a member, as we all support the same effort.
Your Southern Middle School (SMS) PTSA
The SMS PTSA sponsors the following events at Southern Middle School:
- Monthly School dances
- Bus Driver Appreciation Week
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- Eighth Grade Celebration
- The SMS PTSA provides a newsletter to keep you informed of current and future activities and plans at Southern Middle School.
- The SMS PTSA also contributes to half the cost of student planners. These planners are an essential aid, as they assist students with keeping organized and with documenting class work and homework assignments. These planners also keep parents informed of upcoming assignments and due dates.
- As a PTSA member, students will have an opportunity to voice their concerns and vote on issues regarding their education and learning environment.